"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task." William James
So...I saw a billboard a couple of weeks back promoting a seminar titled "Get Motivated" and the list of speakers was impressive to say the least. I had every intention of going but I think I got distracted with Tshego being here...next thing I knew it was the day of the seminar and tickets were sold out!! I was so mad at myself for not having acted when I had the opportunity#mcim I remember even our Business to Business Leader from church announcing it and encouraging us to go, nonetheless...I missed out!!
The day of the seminar arrived and I spent half the day dejected and the other half harassing my colleague who was at the seminar with 101 questions on how it was all going until...he decided he couldn't take anymore of my abuse and went offline LOL
Anyway, it appears the next "Get Motivated" seminar is in Nashville, which is way down south and I definitely don't have the means to make it there.
Nonetheless, thanks to my very kind colleague who forwarded me the notes he took from some of the speakers and will also be borrowing me his discs to listen to:
- Your attitude determines what choices you make.
- You have no chance to succeed if you don't believe in yourself.
- Enjoy the challenges of your job. If you enjoy something and are excited about it, people are going to catch that.
- What's your attitude when people say negative things?
- It is important to chose why you work.
- If you don't have dreams, nothing is going to change your life.
- Strategic plans don't excite people DREAMS do.
- Life boils down to the choices you make.
- Don't go through life being a spectator...WIN what's important now.
Things everyone SHOULD have in life:
- Something to do
- Someone to love
- Something to believe in
- Something to hope for
Three rules to live by:
- Do right and avoid what's wrong (being bitter is WRONG)
- Do everything in the very best of your ability
- Show people that you care about them
- When the time to perform arrives, the time to prepare has past.
- Take turbulence, turn it around and make it work for you.
- Honesty and integrity must be your foundation.
- Great leaders have passion for what they are doing and they inspire people around them.
- No arrogance, no ego, no exclusion!
- Reward innovation as a leader.
- Be a great team NOT a team of greats.
- What legacy do you want?
- If you can develop a passion and a vision, then you can develop a brand.
- Hire attitude and develop skills.
- How you perceive the future will chart the course to how you get there.
- Look for opportunities during the time of hang and uncertainty.
- Strive to make a difference.
- Take on a tough assignments.
- There is always an opportunity in risk.
- Be self aware and open to feedback.
- Always make it easy to hear what you don't want to hear so you can get the feedback you need to change and become better.
- If you believe in the strategy and direction, perseverance will pay off.
- It usually takes several attempts to achieve success.
- ALWAYS maintain integrity, it matters HOW you win as integrity is better than compliance.
- Always stay true to your principles.
- Success over the long term is accomplished by strength and integrity.
- Be hard-headed and soft hearted.
- Get results and do it in the right way.
- Be a person of change who looks for opportunity.
I don't know about you but I usually feel tired, cranky and rather irritable this time of the year because:
- "If I'm going to be thinking, I might as well be thinking big" Donald Trump
- Sometimes we need more than motivation, we need ideas, strategies, the right team and changes.
- We don't see things the way they are, we see things the way we are.
- We are trying to succeed using other people's thinking and preconditioned thinking.
- Challenge yourself to make today a change in your life.
- When you have an interruption of your thought pattern you can have breakthrough in your life.
- Another year has gone by and I haven't achieved half the goals I had set out for myself at the beginning of the year.
- I'm exhausted from the year's challenges.
- I'm starting to think my job sucks only cause I feel lousy about myself.
- I'm reminded that I'm still single and will be spending New Year's with my parents (AGAING) LMAO
- I usually find any reason and excuse to be miserable and wish the next couple of months will fly by so it can be the beginning of a new year and I can write down my new year's resolution and repeat the process LOL
Its definitely not the case this year and that's because I've had a very good year thus far. Yes, I've experienced some challenges but overall its been a great year. I've learnt more about myself in the past 7 months than I have in the last couple of years. I've met amazing people, have created beautiful memories and have embraced every moment, I have learnt to live in the NOW and its been amazing!!
For any of you that are feeling dispirited right now, may I please remind you to remind yourself to count your blessings. You are alive, healthy and have friends and family that love you dearly.
- You might not have received that promotion you were gunning for...
- Didn't land a new job even after sending your CV to more than 50 companies...
- Went on several dates and you're still single...
- You're still indebted...
- Still in a bad relationship even after you had promised to leave him...
- Have repeated the same mistakes as last year....
Fact is, we serve an AWESOME, LOVING, FAITHFUL God who never leaves nor forsakes us. You might be feeling despondent right now but I just want to remind you that God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly. Matthew 11v28 reads: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest" I dare you to cast all your burdens unto Him and rely on Him to take care of them for you...I dare you!!! And those goals, consult with Him and ask Him what His will for your life is...HE DOES ANSWER...just be still and listen.
One more thing, I NEED to share the below song with you as it's been in my heart all day and I know it will make your heart smile...
Stay Blessed xoxo