Friday, October 21, 2011

Favorite Things Fridays

Happy Friday!!

I celebrate FRIDAYS!! Yep! Every single Friday I wake up with my belly burning with excitement and my day usually goes something like this....


1.  Up early, read my dear friend, Ntombi's Friday Motivational Message before I even say my prayers #hidesface
2.  Blast something along the lines of "Weekend Special" by Brenda Fassie;  "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper or my ultimate favorite Beyonce's "Get Me Bodied" whilst getting dressed and attempt to do the booty-hop LMAO
3.  Practically half skip whilst walking to the bus stop and greet everyone I bump into, even the old grumpy woman that refuses to greet me back.
4.  Stop over at Cafe la France for a bagel on my way to work (they serve real egg, none of that powdered egg from Dunkin Donuts)
5.  Spend half my day on Youtube and convince myself that I'm doing research for my clients.
6.  Tease a colleague and a friend about her hickey (it is 2011 right?? who still does that) LMAO
7.  Allow the same colleague and friend that I teased to show me how to draw an elephant and a monkey.
8.  Go for coffee and a smoke break with everyone that invites me.
9.  Have skype chats with former colleagues and friends from back home.
10.  Then before I know it, its 5pm, I get handed my paycheck and go home #YAY

Then its "Cheers to the Freaken Weekend"

I have decided to to have a "Favorite Things Friday" feature which will obviously focus on my favorite things from the week.  However, I do try live my life as if everyday is Friday and hence I will be investing in Joel Osteen's book titled "Every Day a Friday:  How to Be Happier 7 Days a Week" (great Christmas gift idea for a friend or partner)

After all, we have so much to be grateful for right?



So here goes...

Favorite video


Favorite cartoon 


Favorite boot
I LUUURRVVVEE these as they are sooo not my style, yet they are comfortable, edgy and 
sexy in a twisted way (I NEVER find anything less than 4" sexy) LOL
I wore them at least three times this week LOL


Favorite scripture 
 Psalm 34:18-19

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all!

Favorite tweet
@Gentlemenhood:  Stop making permanent plans around temporary people!

Favorite quote
God doesn’t move in your life when you struggle; 
He moves when you pray. Joyce Meyer

Favorite pic from Heidi Hope Photography
I absolutely love her work, check her facebook page for more pics

My favorite story of the week

And lastly but not least, my MOST FAVORITE thing from this week was a dear friend of mine and his wife getting saved and accepting God as their Lord and Savior, total awesomeness!!  This totally made my week and I am so thankful for God's mercy and grace upon them.  I pray that God will continue to bless them and I hope I will one day be able to share with you all who they are and their testimony - "Dum spiro, spero"  which is translated, "While I breathe, I hope"


I would like to hear back from you on what your favorite things were from the week?

I wish you a blessed and fantastic weekend.  May God be with you all and may you come back refreshed and renewed for the new week. 

Stay Blessed xoxo



3 comments:

Miss Mpela said...

Fav things on friday-love that initative.

i must say choosing to be happy on friday is one of the best thing ever... it truly helps with the way you engage with people even they way you react to problems on the day... so a BIG HAPPY FRAYZA to you...

Anonymous said...

Hi Neo!

Such a lovely post (as always)...

My fav thing on any Frday is knowing that I get 2 guilty-free no thesis writing days :)

Have a good week sis!!

P.S Cool boots ;)

xxxx Motsh

Christelle said...

Love your "favorite friday" idea! look forward to it.