Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Weekend

On Friday evening, Conceptia, Anna and I attended an art exhibition at Pawtucket, RI.  One of the artist's Emiline Allen had invited Conceptia. The exhibition was very well organised, cheese, crackers and wine were served.  A lovely crowd had come through and it turned out to be a good evening.  We didn't stay long though as we were exhausted from the week.



Emiline Allen

 Emeline's Work

The other 2 artists' work






Anna and Conceptia

On Saturday, Conceptia and I spent most of our day in Newport.  Newport is a city in Aquidneck Island in Newport County, in Rhode Island.  It's about an hour away from Providence by bus.  It is known as a New England summer resort and known for its summer resort and for the famous mansions.  It is home of the Salve Regina University and Neval Station Newport which houses the United States Naval War College and the United States Navy training centre.  Newport contains among the highest number of surviving colonial buildings of any city in the United States.  The city is the county seat of Newport County which means its a county that no longer has any governmental functions.  The city is beautiful, friendly and quaint.  I will definitely visit it again during the summer and go see the mansions as we didn't have time to do that this time around.

Beautiful summer's day



Don't ask me how long 2/3miles is...Americans chose to use miles, while the 
rest of the world uses kilometers#lol

The view from the cliff walk




Conceptia and I


Men in uniform#Awwuuuuuuu!!

Pathway back into town from the beautiful cliff walk#beauty

We were resting on the bench and decided to ask some random guy to take a pic of us.  I used my most polite and sweetest voice to ask him and he  just looked at me and said "no"#lol.  We decided that he had said no because he didn't understand my question...he's "no" did sound foreign#lol  I took another chance and asked an older man, as he passed by and he was kind enough to take the below pic#grateful

Conceptia caught me off guard...okay, maybe not#lol

You know who...LUUURRVVESS the camera so...
I had to play Nigel Barker for a while#lol


Note:  I took WAAYYY more pics than the three that I've posted...lets just say Conceptia can compile her portfolio now#lol

Off we went to Cupcake Charlie's#gourmetcupcakes#YUM
They participated in Cupcake Wars in 2010 
on the Food Network but didn't win.




Red Velvet Cupcake#heavenly

St. Mary's Church. Isn't it beautiful?

Random pic of bridal party outside the church...couldn't resist


After too many hours spent in the sun, Conceptia and I were baked and all I wanted was to get back to the apartment and have an early night#sjoe

On Sunday we stayed in and Conceptia cooked us a shrimp pasta dish#YUMMY

Today, I was supposed to attend a 4th of July cookout but due to unforeseen circumstance it didn't work out#sad.

Besides that, I had a pretty good weekend.  I must admit, I am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow as Jenna won't be there#sadface

Scripture for the week
Hebrews 13v5:  God has said:  "I will not in any way fail you, or give you up or leave you without support.  I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless or forsake you or let you down!  Assuredly not!"


Prayer:  Lord, You are my hope and my confidence.  It is a great reassurance to know that You will never leave me nor will You forsake me.  Amen


Stay Blessed xoxo



1 comment:

Kiiks said...

Love the artworks!